Sonu Sood pledges support for over 400 families of deceased, injured migrants

Breaking News

Actor Sonu Sood on Monday said he would provide financial assistance to over 400 families of deceased and injured migrant workers, hit by the coronavirus-induced nationwide lockdown. The Dabangg actor got in touch with the authorities of various states, including, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand and took relevant information like addresses and bank details of the migrants who lost their lives. Also Read – The Kapil Sharma Show: Sonu Sood to be the first guest on the show after resumption of shoots?

“I’ve decided to help families of the deceased or injured migrants for them to have a secure future. I feel it’s my personal responsibility to support them,” Sood said in a statement. Also Read – Sonu Sood reaches out to Munna Bhai actor Surendra Rajan who was stranded in Mumbai

The 46-year-old has been arranging transport for thousands of migrants desperate to return to their home states. Also Read – Sonu Sood, the messiah sends more migrants home — watch video

Last month, the actor arranged for chartered flights to help fly over 300 migrant workers.

Stay tuned to BollywoodLife for the latest scoops and updates from Bollywood, Hollywood, South, TV and Web-Series.
Click to join us on Facebook, Twitter, Helo and Instagram.

  • ByPTI